6000 years of Indian musical heritage now at your finger-tips!
Bansuri Guru by Pandit Hari Prasad Chaurasia
World famous Bansuri virtuoso has curated your training for this journey. Learn any time, any place as per your convenience. Practice as many times as you want. Now your Guru is just a click away!
Tabla Guru by Pandit Yogesh Samsi
The Tabla Maestro takes you step by step into the journey of learning the Tabla. Get feedback on your assignments from experienced mentors to keep track of your learning journey.
Vocal Guru by Guruma Anuradha Chaurasia
Guruma will be your guide as you discover your voice to be able to apply it to your music and rhythm.
Bandish: Robin Chatterjee
Indian art music by Dr. Ashok Ranade and Dr. Aban Mistry
- Indian art music decoded by musicologists and masters
- Step by step learning
- Curated over 20 years
- mentored by senior students of Masters
- Video & audio tutorials + rich text and images
- Get feedback from your mentors
- Audio glossary with pronunciations
- No prior knowledge of Indian music required
Bansuri: Rakesh Chaurasia
Vocal: Devki Pandit & Rattan Mohan Sharma
Sitar: Niladri Kumar
Navigating the iSM Website Tutorial
Watch this 4 minute long Tutorial video to acquaint yourself of the Platform, its features and how you can benefit from it.
iSM (pronounced as iSM as in Hindu-ism)
An online based Indian Music Learning application available on web has Indian Art (classical) music education at its core. We call it Art and not classical as this music is constantly evolving as a performing art.
iSM helps digital learning and teaching, and staying connected to Indian Art music. Additionally, it also serves as a social networking digital platform for people interested in Indian Art (Classical) Music.
Which is your iSM?
iSM - in short, a Movement. It means different things to different people. For some it is in short, Music and for others it is the indian school of Music, Mentors or Masters.
- Imbibe the best of the rich oral tradition of learning Indian music to a digital platform.
- Get professional support curated by Masters of Indian music and musicologists
- Learn from a foundation of self-practice based learning. It mirrors the pedagogy of imitation and demonstration.
How does iSM fill the cracks in the current Music movement?
- We put science into the oral tradition of Indian art music learning
- We provide the right tools for you to practice on your own before you engage with a physical Guru
- We provide a structured learning road-map regardless of your stage of learning and your intentions of learning.
Does iSM come from a Credible and Acceptable source?
Learn from the best available resources in the world - the Music Gurus of India, the torchbearers of the oldest unbroken tradition alive today, to begin our iSM journey
Is iSM for me ?
iSM is designed in a simple progression of Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced level students. Groups, corporates, and educational institutions can avail of iSM.
Eastern Harmony is proud to support iSM - a unique initiative to digitally connect the Gen Z and older generations across the world to the cultural roots and traditions of India, through the medium of music.